The storage devices store various system data in it. And the media devices like digicam, video recorders, etc stores the captured data files on memory devices that will be mounted on it. There are various file formats for the digital data that gets stored on memory devices. They are MP4, MP3, AVI, MPEG, PNG, WMV, JPEG, JPG, TIF, BMP, etc. And most frequently one uses compression of the files for various reasons. The most common compression method followed is ZIP file format.
What is the necessity of file compression?
Compression of files is required for the following reasons –
- To store huge file in less memory space: When there is no sufficient space on the storage device to store any large sized file, then only way is to compress the file. By doing so the file size reduces and fits into the small memory space without deleting any of the other files.
- Data Transfer: While transferring any data files over network in order to avoid any third party influence or errors over the channel it is recommended t compress the files together into Zip file format. Zip file format is very secure and thus helps in safe data transfer.
- Downloading files – Usually when you download any program files from internet to use it on your system, the set of files will be zipped as single file otherwise you need to download each file separately which consumes excess time.
The MP4 files can also be compressed into zip files. But improper method of compression or occurrence of any errors may lead to file corruption. If the files become corrupt, the data from those files cannot be accessed. Hence one should be very careful while performing file compression. Here are few more data loss situations mentioned that are associated with file compression:
- Virus attack – The files stored in a memory device can become corrupt when the device is affected by virus. Sometimes the files may also become corrupt as result of faulty camera firmware, which is an important component without which the camera fails to capture any of the data.
- Power surge – If there is continuous sudden power surges to the system or if the system suddenly goes down due to loss of power supply while processing any files like MP4 files, then the files would become corrupt and hence you may face data loss.
- Improper download of files: Downloading of any zip files or mp4 files from internet should be carried out completely. If the download process is interrupted because of sudden power surge to the system or failure of the internet connection it will definitely cause corruption to the files.
- Due to CRC errors- Most of the times the files that are compressed undergo CRC errors due to which files will become corrupt and hence you cannot access the files.
In all such data loss situations the files get corrupt due to Zip archive repair and the only way to fix corrupt MP4 files is to perform MP4 file repair with the aid of file repair tool. The software completely repairs the corrupt MP4 files on Mac systems and effectively fixes damaged Zip files on Windows OS. Following below are the noticeable features of the repair utility:
- Repairs all the corrupt files of different file formats including .zip, .zipx, etc
- Easily helps to fix corrupt files due to interruptions during download or transfer of files.
- Repairs media files like mp4, mp3, and many other file types of data.
- Proficiently repairs most of the file types that are corrupt and broken due to virus attack
- Repairs and restores different types of media files like BMP, JPEG, TIFF, JPG, PNG, GIFF, MPG, MP3, MPEG, MP4, WAV, AVI and MOV
You can fix corrupt MP4 files on various Mac OS like Lion, Snow Leopard and Leopard. And the Zip files can be repaired on various Windows OS that includes Windows Vista, XP, Windows 7 and 2003 operating systems. You can download the trial version by clicking here.